High School Seniors
The Leadership Certificate Program is a self-paced, comprehensive leadership development program designed to encourage and recognize student leadership education and experiences at Bowling Green State University.
The program is adaptable so all students can work toward achieving this distinguished recognition. For early acceptance, high school seniors must meet the following requirements:
- Be accepted to BGSU and issued their BGSU ID number
- Have a cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Applications are being accepted for the 2014-2015 school year.
The Leadership Certificate Program Advantage
- Demonstrates student’s leadership and team development skills
- Highlights developmental outcomes of each leadership experience
- Assists students as they transition to leadership and team roles within a professional environment
- Integrates curricular and co-curricular learning
- Develop an understanding of process management and organizational dynamics through collaborating with diverse populations and perspectives
The Leadership Certificate Program Requirements
Leadership Education Experiences
Educational opportunities such as workshops, conferences, and coursework on leadership characteristics and skills.
Students select a BGSU faculty or staff member to serve as their mentor and meet at least three times a year.
Community Service Experience
Students must complete at least 100 hours of community service.
Practical Leadership Experiences
Academic, organizational, and community service projects completed by the student.
A student designed project that demonstrates comprehension of leadership competencies.