ORIENTATION AND FIRST YEAR PROGRAMS
Opening Weekend Group Leader Application Information
2012 Opening Weekend Group Leader Application
New Student Orientation & Opening Weekend
Thank you for your interest in the Opening Weekend Group Leader position for Opening Weekend 2012. Opening Weekend is an opportunity for first-year students to continue exploring campus after their New Student Orientation visit and become better acquainted with their surroundings and their peers. It is an introduction to their first semester at BGSU as well as an opportunity to build school spirit and excitement. As an Opening Weekend Group Leader, you will play an integral role in ensuring first-year students with a smooth, enjoyable, and successful transition to BGSU, as you will be one of the first contacts for students once they arrive on campus. This is a great opportunity for leaders of all levels and a fantastic way to show your pride for BGSU.
We encourage you to contact Jessica Huddleston, email@example.com, with any questions you may have about this leadership opportunity.
Application Deadline: 12:00pm on Friday, January 27, 2012
Group Interview Dates:
- 9am-12pm on Saturday, February 4
- 2-5pm on Saturday February 4
- 1-4pm on Sunday February 5
Individual Interview Dates: Monday February 13th – Friday February 24th
Final Notification: Thursday, March 1st
Interested in applying? Follow the 5 easy steps below.
1. Read the position description found here: OWGL Position Description 2012 (pdf)
2. Attend one of the Information Sessions listed below. If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled information sessions, contact Jessica Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send requests to Jessica to have an Information Session presented at your student organization.
- 4pm Wednesday 1/11—Education 218
- 1pm Thursday 1/12—Olscamp 224
- 2:30pm Friday 1/13—Olscamp 117
- 10am Tuesday 1/17—Olscamp 224
- 7pm Tuesday 1/17—Olscamp 227
- 5pm Wednesday 1/18—Olscamp 223
- 6:30pm Thursday 1/19—Olscamp 227
- 1:30pm Friday 1/20—Education 114
- 2pm Monday 1/23—BA 117
- 7:30pm Monday 1/23—Olscamp 106
- 11am Tuesday 1/24—Olscamp 209
- 8:30pm Tuesday 1/24—Olscamp 229
- 2:30pm Wednesday 1/25—BA 104
- 5pm Wednesday 1/25—Olscamp 223
- 9am Thursday 1/26—BAA 1002
- 4pm Thursday 1/26—Education 355
- 7pm Thursday 1/26—Olscamp 227
3. Complete the Opening Weekend Group Leader application. This includes filling out your personal information, academic information, previous experience, answering 4 short answer questions, and creating a personal statement page. The application is found here: OWGL Application 2012 (doc)
4. Create a resume. If you are unsure what your resume should look like, just ask us or visit the Career Center on the 3rd floor of the Math Science Building.
5. Complete and submit a paper copy of your TYPED application by 12 p.m. on Friday, January 27th, 2012, in a sealed envelope to Jessica Huddleston, New Student Orientation and First Year Programs Office, 104K University Hall. After the initial screening of applications, you will be notified of your status for the group interview round.