Department of Recreation and Wellness
Sexual Health Links
Sexual Health - Get Tested Now for HIV
Schedule a Free Appointment or Walk-In
This testing service, offered on the BGSU campus, is completely free and confidential. Call the Wellness Connection at 419.372.9355 to schedule an appointment for a Rapid HIV Test. Walk-ins are always welcome. LGBT friendly and affirming.
A real name is not needed when making the appointment. Free and confidential testing services are also available at other External Testing Sites throughout Northwest Ohio.
Spring 2014 Testing Schedule
- Third Wednesday of each month; 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM, at the Perry Field House
- REMEMBER to bring a photo ID to the appointment
What To Expect
Upon arriving at the Perry Field House:
- If you are a current BGSU student have your ID card swiped at the Welcome Desk as you would normally to enter the Perry Field House. If you are not a BGSU student, tell the person at the Welcome Desk that you have an appointment with the Wellness Connection.
- Someone can assist you from there.
Once in the testing room expect to:
- Show a valid photo ID
- Fill out paperwork
- Sign a few forms - Remember that the testing is CONFIDENTIAL, not anonymous, so a real name is associated with your paperwork and test results
- Receive the test: A simple cheek swab, no blood necessary.
- Talk about what brought you in for a test today (i.e., what could be putting you at risk for HIV)
- Talk about a “plan of action” to help reduce the risk for HIV in the future
- At the end of the session, receive a result
- Receive referrals to other agencies/providers, if necessary
- Ask any questions or concerns about HIV
- Fill out the evaluation form