Connect to yourself: Discover who you are and how you learn
Connect to others: Make friends and build relationships
Connect to campus: Get involved at BGSU in a variety of ways
Connect to academic success: Team with caring faculty and campus resources
Connect is a free program available to first year students that offers opportunities to meet new people, spend time outdoors and connect with resources available for academic success.
First year students seeking success at BGSU are encouraged to join Connect.
Students participate in a single weekend outdoor adventure, along with meetings twice a month to learn about and participate in activities that strengthen their ability to be successful at BGSU. The meetings include team building games, social times with other students, talks with professors and opportunities to interact with other students who have found success at BGSU.
Connect is free! However, space is limited to the first 21 students to sign up for the program. For more details or to register contact the Outdoor Program or Student Support Services at BGSU. Space in the program is limited so register early to secure your spot!
- Dine with a Dietician - learn where to find healthy food choices on campus
- Library Visit - explore different library resources such as the music library and audio visual library with a librarian
- Stay Fit on Campus - discover different ways to stay fit on campus
- Tutoring Center - learn about different resources that the writing center, math tutoring and general study skills labs have to offer
- Visit Counseling Center - learn about the resources that the Counseling Center provides students.
All sessions provide students with opportunities to ask BGSU faculty and staff any questions.
For more information, contact the TRIO Programs at 419-372-4715.