Division of Student Affairs
Focus Areas and Goals for 2013-2014
Communication and Collaboration (University Goals 1 and 7)
- Identify a division wide initiative that will bring a greater sense of unity to the division.
- Continue building partnerships with Academic Affairs and Enrollment management with an emphasis on retention, graduate and undergraduate academic success and international students.
- Define, create, and sustain intentional points of contact between Student Affairs and Finance and Administration
- Expand relationships with community partners and expand outreach.
- Maintain and promote positive town/gown relationships.
- Increase parent participation, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a plan to “tell our story”.
Diversity (University Goal 5)
- Engage, support, and lead diversity and inclusion efforts across campus.
- Create a divisional diversity plan to align with the strategic plan and resources.
- Increase the diversity of the Student Affairs staff.
- Encourage and support staff involvement in diversity and cultural competency skill building.
Financial Stewardship & Facilities (University Goal 7)
- Build new facilities and renovate existing facilities as needed.
- Develop a three- year plan to identify a permanent location for division offices currently in Conklin and department offices currently located in Math/Science.
- Intentionally engage the division in development initiatives; define a clear role for Student Affairs in the campaign.
- Continue outreach to alums including increased usage of the “One” system to code alums accurately.
- Align division finances around priorities and maintain positive stewardship of state dollars; identify efficiencies wherever possible.
- Increase external revenue streams.
- Increase the financial literacy of division staff.
Professional Development and Recognition (University Goal 6)
- Continue to promote and support on-going professional development to increase staff performance and learning.
- Develop a plan for division wide professional development activities.
- Strive to attain national, regional, or local recognition for programmatic, facility, and/or individual staff accomplishments.
Technology (University Goal 7)
- Maximize the use of Campus Labs to attain our assessment, evaluation, and benchmarking objectives to “tell our story” among all constituents.
- Create an intentional plan to market and promote outcomes achieved from assessment initiatives, including the use of social media.
- Utilize feedback capture mechanisms to develop on-going data related to student learning, participation, and attitudes.
Retention (University Goals 1 and 7)
- Align the University retention initiatives with Student Affairs programs.
- Develop new retention strategies within the Division, as needed.
- Apply student development theory and methods to retention initiatives.
- Provide divisional leadership to University retention initiatives.
- Align resources to support the prominence and growth of the Center for Leadership.
- Utilize institutional metrics as a guide to on-going assessment, evaluation, and data collection.
- Rely on new vision and mission statement for strategic planning and decision-making.
- Maximize the utilization of SuccessNet.
- Develop a communication strategy that illustrates the significant role and success of Student Affairs programs that positively impact retention.