Did You Know?
Both Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts offer a discount for using a reusable mug. Dunkin' Donuts gives a refill of any size reusable mug (for coffee, iced coffee, or iced tea) for just $0.99, and Starbucks gives a discount of $0.10 with any reusable mug.
- Cage-free eggs
- Fair trade coffee – Estima at Starbucks
- Produce purchased from local growers
- Use local producers – Toft’s Ice Cream, Grounds for Thought coffee
- Organic options within the convenience stores
- RGBH-free milk
- Trans-fat free oils
- Free range chicken and pork
- Only serve seafood off of the Monterey Bay Seafood safe list
- Educational programs for employees to encourage recycling and reduction in the dining locations
- Recycle french fry oil to use in lawnmowers, snow blowers and BGSU Dining box truck on campus
- Part of the Energy Management Program on campus to reduce electrical consumption
- Reduce paper waste by using LCDs as a form of advertisement
- Recycle working equipment by selling/lending to other entities to use, or in our own facilities
- Use post consumer products – napkins, paper towels, toilet paper and office paper
- One of the largest recyclers on campus
- Offer reusable bottles and coffee mugs to encourage patrons to forgo paper cups as well as a discount program to encourage use
- Offer reusable grocery bags to cut back on plastic waste
- Minimize our impact on the environment with primary focus on REDUCTION. Our approach is to bring awareness and education and implement best practices where viable for waste management, water conservation, energy efficiency, and pollution control.
- Donate over 1000 lbs. of food to local food pantry each semester
- Caught Green Handed program at Kreischer to encourage recycling
- Amnesty program to reduce china and silverware waste