Designated outdoor spaces may be reserved for departments, student organizations, or groups outside the University. Spaces reserved through the Bowen-Thompson Student Union are as follows:
- Student Union Mall (Union Oval)
- Corridor between Education, Eppler, BA, and Olscamp
- Field west of Kreischer
- Space west of Education Building
- Field north of Anderson Arena
- Field northwest of Field House
- Bell Tower Mall
The major exceptions to campus ground reservations are Intramural Fields and grounds adjacent to residence halls or small group living units. Additional policies and procedures regarding the use of campus grounds can be found in the Bowling Green State University Student Handbook.
Policies governing use of outdoor space
- Request must be approved by the Director of the Student Union or designee, and, if necessary, the Dean of Students or designee.
- Use of amplification equipment is not permitted in the vicinity of classrooms during regularly scheduled class hours. Sound equipment must not disrupt normal functions of the University.
- The failure of an organization or department to provide the Student Union with notice of cancellation of a proposed activity or event at least two (2) University working days prior to the scheduled activity or event may result in the denial of a future permit for use, unless the cancellation is necessitated by events reasonably beyond the control of the organization or department.
- If food/beverage is served, requestor must contact Catering at 419-372-6951 at least fourteen (14) days prior to event.
- If AV equipment is needed, requestor must contact CTS (419-372-6993) at least 48 hours in advance. Charges apply.
- To rent tables and chairs outside the Student Union, call Campus Logistics (419-372-2121) at least 24 hours in advance. Charges apply.
To download the outdoor event reservation form, please click here.