Classified Staff Council
Mission & Goals
Classified Staff Council (CSC) Mission
The purpose of CSC shall be to provide for direct channels of communication between classified staff and the President’s designee.
- serve as a representative board for the discussion of policies, procedures, benefits and services affecting classified staff.
- provide an avenue of input from classified staff to the President’s designee involving matters of concern related to their employment at BGSU.
- provide University officials with an effective method for soliciting and disseminating information about plans, policies and concerns affecting classified staff.
- follow through on the charge of the CSC as a working group providing University officials with assistance in addressing matters of concern or of interest to classified staff.
Classified Staff Council Theme for 2012-2013
- Teamwork is the ability work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. Andrew Carnegie
- Know that TEAMWORK makes the DREAM work! Tom Mathews
Classified Staff Council (CSC) Goals for 2012-2013
- On-going staff development utilizing
- iPads at all CSC and related meetings
- Professional Development Committee offerings
- Other teaching/training areas on campus
- Successful navigation of the AON Hewitt Work Classification process this academic year
- Learning about different campus areas via mobile CSC meetings
- Continued recognition of staff initiatives and contributions to the University community
- Improved communication and marketing of CSC to new classified employees (PowerPoint link to their on-line orientation; welcome packet for new hires; add names to Classified Staff Listserv)